Were You Injured Due To Truck Driver Negligence?
Many truck accident fatalities and serious injuries in Nebraska involve some form of negligence on the part of the truck driver. However, uncovering those mistakes usually requires careful investigation, which the Highway Patrol may be unable to do.
At Friedman Law Offices in Lincoln, Nebraska, our lawyers represent victims of car-truck collisions. If you were injured or a loved one was killed due to truck driver negligence, our lawyers will conduct an independent investigation and begin work to hold the negligent truck driver accountable for damages.
Examples Of Truck Driver Negligence
Many forms of truck driver negligence can lead to catastrophic results. Here are some examples:
- Speeding or reckless driving, which can have disastrous results given the size and weight of a tractor-trailer
- Driving too long without taking legally required rest breaks
- Multitasking, such as filling out the driver logbook on the road
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to properly secure loads, which can result in shifting and dangerous cargo
- Failing to perform tire and other equipment safety checks as required by federal law
Following an accident, our lawyers will investigate the truck driver’s background to find out if he or she has a history of unsafe driving. Trucking companies are responsible for the actions of the people they hire to carry their loads, even if the truck driver is hired as an independent contractor.
Free Consultation With An Outstanding Attorney
To arrange a free consultation with a lawyer at our firm, call 888-419-6876 or fill out the contact form on this website. While our law office is in Lincoln, we represent truck accident victims throughout Nebraska.