Truck Accidents Require Prompt Investigation to Determine Cause
Most truck accidents aren't really accidents. They are caused by deliberate actions such as driving too fast, using drugs to stay awake, overloading a truck, or skipping a required maintenance check. When a trucking company or driver takes a risk to save time or money, it is always the passengers in the other vehicle who pay the price.
At Friedman Law Offices, P.C., L.L.O., our lawyers work with accident reconstructionists and other experts to determine the cause of your car-truck accident and hold the responsible party accountable. From our offices in Lincoln, we represent truck accident victims and their families throughout Nebraska. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Some of the common causes of car-truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Truck speeding
- Aggressive driving by the truck driver, such as tailgating
- Truck equipment failure, such as tire blowouts or defective brakes
- Overloading or improper loading of the trailer
- Unsecured items which fall off the trailer and hit cars
- Use of drugs or alcohol by the truck driver
- Unsafe passing
- Truck jackknifing
- Negligent driving by the truck operator, such as driving too fast or following too close in poor weather conditions
- Driving in a truck's blind spot
- Being crushed by a tractor-trailer making a wide turn
Many accidents are caused by deliberate violations of trucking safety regulations, such as the requirement for drivers to take legally required rest breaks. Prompt investigation in essential in truck accident cases, before evidence such as driver logbooks and GPS systems disappear.
Free Attorney Consultation
To arrange a free consultation with a lawyer at our firm, call 888-419-6876 or fill out the contact form on this Web site.